Join us in London from June 25th to July 3rd!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MARCH 31
Click here to view our first London trip from June 11th to June 20th.
The cosmopolitan city of London is the capital and most populous city of England in the United Kingdom. It is the premier city in Europe in terms of size, population and per-capita wealth. What strikes visitors more than anything about London is the sheer size of this city, spreading across a huge area from its core on the River Thames, which meanders through the city centre, dividing it into northern and southern halves.
London is the leading global city in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, tourism etc. and is often referred to as a world cultural capital. Those without local roots will find this gigantic metropolis surprisingly diverse, and besides English, around 200 different languages are spoken within its confines. At times, London can seem more like a country than a city.
In 2012, London became the first city to have hosted the modern Summer Olympic Games three times. London's most popular sport is football (soccer) and it has 12 Football League clubs including 5 in the Premier League: Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Tottenham Hotspur, and West Ham United.
The climate of London is temperate with modest daily high temperatures during summer and winter lows that seldom fall below freezing. Rainfall is fairly regular, occurring throughout the year. Snow occurs sometimes in winter but rarely settles more than a few inches.
INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
The BananaMan Triathlon is back. There are a total of SIX different takes on the triathlon theme which means there is something for everyone (males and females alike – BananaMen and BananaWomen) and anyone who wants to swim, bike and run in the UK’s most bananas multisport event! Whether you get a triathlon taster with the Banana Split or take on the Whole Banana, there’s something for all abilities and ages. The BananaMan Triathlon is all about getting involved in as many different ways as possible and to help you rope your friends, family and enemies in, there’s a relay option, the Bunch of Bananas Relay. Extra points for anyone who wears yellow on the day!
HOME TO ARSENAL FC SOCCER TEAM
Emirates Stadium built in 2006 was described as "beautiful and intimidating" by architect Christopher Lee. It is a four-tiered bowl with translucent roofing over the stands seats approximately 60,000 spectators for a Arsenal game. It is the first stadium in the world to incorporate HDTV streaming.
Aside from sporting uses, the Emirate Stadium operates as a conference center and a music venue. Capacity increases to 72,000 for concerts. Bruce Springsteen became the first concert ever played in Emirates Stadium in 2008.
Queen Elizabeth OLYMPIC PARK
MAIN SITE FOR 2012 LONDON OLYMPIC GAMES
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, is a sporting complex built for the 2012 Summer Olympic and Summer Paralympic Games and is situated to the east of the city. It contains the athletes' Olympic Village and several of the sporting venue including the London Stadium and London Aquatics Centre.
The park is overlooked by the ArcelorMittal Orbit, an observation tower and Britain's largest piece of public art. It was simply called Olympic Park during the Games but was later renamed to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II.
Additional London Excursions:
LONDON 2018 Trip Information:
Think of this program as a sport business school, international travel experience, and a global work opportunity with networking all rolled into one. Think of it as an investment in your future career and life. Space is limited. Apply early to secure your spot.
- All lodging accommodations
- Private coach bus services to and from airport
- Breakfast every morning. Lunches will be provided during race event work days. Opening session dinner and one other group dinner included.
- One full-day tour of top London attractions with a certified tour guide on private coach bus
- Sport-related tours & activities
- Placement on the staff of the Royal Windsor Triathlon, UK's best Olympic-style triathlon
- Round-trip private bus shuttle to and from the Royal Windsor Triathlon
- Career building workshop sessions with industry professionals
- Personal travel insurance policy
- Complete itinerary is shared once accepted into the program
- Tip for tour guides/bus drivers
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flight Costs - Flight costs will be quoted separately or can be booked on your own
- You must connect with our flight out of JFK Airport in New York City
- Meals not listed above
- Extra activities not listed under the cost section, and any activity during own leisure time
As shown above much of what you will need is inclusive in the cost of the trip. Total cost is $2,599 plus airfare. Airfare can be purchased through Living Sport or can be purchased on your own as long as you join the groups flight out of New York City.
SAMPLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
- A deposit of $500 is needed to reserve your spot once you are accepted into the program
- A payment plan will be setup for the remainder of the cost
- For more information on the application process visit our application page
We wouldn't want the cost of this experience to defer anyone from participating. The cost associated with the International Sport Business Program can be funded in numerous ways. Read our fundraising page for additional information.